Re: MIB data collection problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MIB data collection problem
From: Julio Leal <jjllmm@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:03:12 CET
Alexis:
If you press de Test button in the MIB Data Collection GUI, what is the
result of the test?

Julio Leal

Hi Julio!

Yes i tried to collect the variable for ALL instance
(and for specific instance too) but i wasn't
succesful.

What is very strange is that if you try to get or to
collect the value of ifSpeed on a routeur with
multiple interfaces tou will succeed.

do you have any idea to solve my problem?

Alexis Henry

--- Julio Leal <jjllmm@HOTMAIL.COM> a icrit:
>Alexis:
>have you tried to collect the variable
>pullPnrNoOfSuccRpls for ALL
>instances?
>

>I don't think snmpCollect can handle that kind of
>mib variable, where
>the instance has multiple parts. I think you might
>be able to do it with
>the MLM instead, though. It is more flexible (and
>therefore more
>confusing, of course) in what it can collect. You
>can install it on the
>Netview box and configure it directly using
>smconfig, or use the
>APM front end. No promises.
>
>Cordially,
>
>Leslie A. Clark
>IBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt & Networking
>Detroit

>Hi all!
>
>I want to collect a MIB data from microsoft subtree
>but netview isn't able to do so.
>There is a message in the /usr/OV/log/snmpCol.tace
>logfile saying that this data may not exist.
>
>Then i tried to see this data using snmpwalk and i
>was
>successful (the data exists twice:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.microsoft.software.wins.pull.pullPnrTable.pPullPnrEntry.pullPnrNoOfSuccRpls.159.50.140.233

>and

.1.3.6.1.4.1.microsoft.software.wins.pull.pullPnrTable.pPullPnrEntry.pullPnrNoOfSuccRpls.159.50.160.4