RE: Loading Mibs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Loading Mibs
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:15:59 -0500
Ken and Leslie,

        No I don't have the script which will determine the sequence of
NetView 6.0 install which help me in loading all of the CISCO mibs that I
downloaded from CISCO.
It is not state of the art scripts but it did the job for me and here it is,

#!bin/sh
for file in `ls /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/ciscosnmpv2`
do
cd /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/ciscosnmpv2
echo "Processing $file">>/usr/OV/emsscripts/errormibload
echo "                            ">>/usr/OV/emsscripts/errormibload
xnmloadmib -load $file 2>/usr/OV/emsscripts/temperror
cat /usr/OV/emsscripts/temperror
cat /usr/OV/emsscripts/temperror >>/usr/OV/emsscripts/errormibload
echo "                            ">>/usr/OV/emsscripts/errormibload
echo "Done Processing $file">>/usr/OV/emsscripts/errormibload
echo "                            ">>/usr/OV/emsscripts/errormibload
done
cd /usr/OV/emsscripts

Just make sure to change the script to reflect your directory locations. You
can make it fency the way you want (Store directory location in variables
etc........)

I just wanted to display any error message on the screen as well as write it
to a file, so I am just cating error message to a temerror file, display it
to screen and  then write to a file.

Regarding sequence of loading mib, this is what I did

        I put all of the CISCO mib in one directory.
        Run the script. It loaded the one which does not have any
prerequisite.
        Then I run the script again, so it loaded all of the mibs which had
prerequisite.

        xnmloadmib wan't load the mib, which has been already loaded.

        CISCO does not provide the order of loading mibs. There are hundreds
of them......

        This worked.

Shailesh