RE: Using nvdbimport

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Using nvdbimport
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:49:16 -0500

Linda, you must either change the names of your Location Icons (eg just
Atlanta)
or you must store the data on some other object. Changing the Selection
Name
of the Locations is possible, but tedious if you have a lot of them. If the
data applies to all nodes in that location, it is a good idea, though. It
would
almost be easier to make new Location icons. If you want to adjust the
names of the Location icons, use the right-mouse-button context menu, edit,
modify, symbol (change the label), and object (change the Selection Name).
Now when you open the Location Icon, the Title at the top will still be
the old name. That can also be changed by using the top menu Edit..Modify..
Submap dialog. It is NOT required that all of these match, and you only
really need to change the Selection Name, but I believe that neatness
counts.

Detroit

Leslie,
Thanks for your help, it's just as I thought, Selection Name won't work
here
(I thought I'd ask).  Basically, these are all location bins and for each
location I want to add a contact, phone number, and circuit id.  The
selection name was just a list I had gotten from my collection of "ALL
Locations".  Is there anyway to use the smartset (collection) to populate
these fields.  I have already created the fields I want to populate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS...Elizabeth, thanks for your suggestions as well.  They are well taken
:)!