Re: Using nvdbimport

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Using nvdbimport
From: Ebagley2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:30:25 EST
Hi, Linda --

The nvdbimport command requires that the fields already be defined.  Instead of
editing ovw_fields, though, you should create a separate file under
/usr/OV/fields/C, so that your modifications are clearly identifiable and to
make future migration or updates easier.

I noticed that you left a space after the comma in " CircuitID" after the
comma.  The nvdbimport command will try to update the field " CircuitID"
instead of "CircuitID".

The commas in your Selection names would be interpreted as field delimiters.
I'm not sure if there's some sort of a workaround for that.  Someone else may
be able to answer that.

Elizabeth
Tivoli Education