Using nvdbimport

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Using nvdbimport
From: "Ferreira, Linda" <FerreiraL@nabisco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:43:47 -0500
Hi everyone,
In order to use the nvdbimport, do you first need to create the fields (by
editing ovw_fields and running ovw-fields)?  and then use ovdbimport to
populate the fields?  Or can the nvdbimport create and populate at the same
time.  In the manual it says that the fields need to exist first before you
populate, but in reading some entries from the NL-LIST I decided to question
some of you experts who have already done this?

Also, I have a question as far as populating the fields.
If, for example, I already have a Selection Name and I want to enter
"CircuitId" to correspond w/ that selection name do I do the
following???????

Selection Name, CircuitId
Atlanta, GA, DHECXXXXXXXXXXX
Chicago,IL,DHECXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know it must be comma delimited, the problem is that my "Selection Name"
have comma's in it, will it ignore the commas in the "Selection Name" or
will it mess up my database by changing my Circuit Id's to "GA" and "IL".  I
would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has used nvdbimport before.
Is the format above correct for populating the fields????  Thanks.

Linda Ferreira
Network Management Center
973-682-6065
ferreiral@nabisco.com