RE: unmanaged nodes ping

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: unmanaged nodes ping
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:28:10 -0400

So you have a wheat-colored symbol on your one and only map, and you drill down
and see that all the interfaces are also wheat-colored.  And then you do
"ovobjprint -s <selection_name>" and the the output says the IP Status is
"Unmanaged" and  yet  a netmon trace (netmon -M  -1) shows that netmon still
pings it?    Then  I'd call Support and report it because that would be a bug.
If that's not what you have, then please explain how you know this node is
unmanaged and that netmon still pings it.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Williams, Keith - GSO" <KWilliam@UNIFITECH.COM> on 04/05/2000 04:18:27 PM