RE: unmanaged nodes ping

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: unmanaged nodes ping
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:59:12 -0400

I was really hoping this one would mysteriously clear up, but I see that it
has not... When you to a 'Tools...Display Object Info', does it actually
say that the node is unmanaged? How about the interfaces under it?
Does it say that it is in more than one map (maps managed, maps exists)?
Have you done an ovtopofix? And an ovmapcount -a?  I would be more
inclined to suspect that the database is messy than to think netmon is
pinging something that is really unmanaged.

If this does not clear up with housekeeping, and you are positive that it
is pinging unmanaged interfaces, then you should call support.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

"Williams, Keith - GSO" <KWilliam@UNIFITECH.COM>@tkg.com on 04/05/2000
04:18:27 PM