Re: Using an Expression in MIB Application

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Using an Expression in MIB Application
From: "Bernard Disselborg" <BDISSELB@triple-p.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:15:15 +0200
Wouter,

See attached ARF. I'm using this to display the expression If%util (interface
utilisation) in a graph.
Just define the name of the mib expression in the xnmgraph statement.

Bernard

Bernard Disselborg                      Triple P Nederland B.V.
Consultant                      Enterprise Management
e-mail: bdisselb@triple-p.nl            PO Box 245
tel:    +31 (0)347 353317               4130 EE  Vianen
mobile: +31 (0)655 833355               The Netherlands

>>> W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL 04/06/00 12:28PM >>>

Bernard,

I don t think I understand your answer...
What I want to do is to use an existing Mib Expression (Defined in
MibExpr.conf), to create a graph of say percentage Utilization of a router link.
However, I want to use this Expression in a MIB Application, rather than in a
Data Collection.

This provides me with the possibilty to select a node, and see an actual
representation of percentage bandwith utilization, as calculated by the
expression, updated every 5 seconds or so.....

Any suggestions?

Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant
`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding
nor shall they be construed as constituting any obligation on the part of
the Bank.`