Re: Telnet Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Telnet Question
From: "Mahesh Tailor" <MTailor@carilion.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:53:38 -0400
Brad,

You can use "expect" to do this.  Attached is a sample script you could
use.  This script connects to a Cisco router and tftp's the startup file.
You can get the precompiled expect code from www-frec.bull.com.  Hope this
helps.

Mahesh

>>> "Brad Martin" <bmartin@metlife.com> 05/17/2000 3:27:00 PM >>>

How can I perform non-interactive telnet session from a script that runs
from an
AIX machine? I would like to write a script that will telnet to a Cisco
device
and issue specific commands. I'm not sure how to establish the telnet login
and
then pass the commands.

Brad Martin
MetLife