Re: Telnet Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Telnet Question
From: chuberdeau@avdl.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:54:56 -0400

Hi Frank,

     I did not know about PERL with telnet module....  can you send me a
exemple.
May be it will be better for me...

Thanks

Christian

"Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen@mindspring.com> on 2000-05-17 17:00:10

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:    (bcc: Huberdeau Christian I621CH/Levis/GVDL)
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] Telnet Question

Brad,

you really have two options. The first is using PERL and the telnet module.  I
have
a couple of samples that I could send you.  The second is to use expect.  Either
way you will be doing some coding.

Brad Martin wrote:

> How can I perform non-interactive telnet session from a script that runs from
an
> AIX machine? I would like to write a script that will telnet to a Cisco device
> and issue specific commands. I'm not sure how to establish the telnet login
and
> then pass the commands.
>
> Brad Martin
> MetLife