Re: Telnet Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Telnet Question
From: Jim Corrigan <corrigan@ki.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:24:08 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Brad,

  We have a product that allows for you to issue commands
  non-interactively, schedule the time(s) those non-interactive
  commands will execute, log and  time stamped  each
  command executed to a log and finally scan the log file for desired
  results or failures.

  Please contact me for more details. corrigan@ki.com.

  Jc

>Hello Brain,
>To perform non interactive telnet i have used  a product called expect.
>It can be download from the net.
>Regards Andy Brauer
>

>Brad Martin wrote:
>
>> How can I perform non-interactive telnet session from a script that runs
>> from
an
>> AIX machine? I would like to write a script that will telnet to a Cisco
device
>> and issue specific commands. I'm not sure how to establish the telnet login
and
>> then pass the commands.
>>
>> Brad Martin
>> MetLife