Re: Integer Thresholds

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Integer Thresholds
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:39:10 -0500
lclark@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Have you looked at having MLM do it? I cannot tell you how, exactly, but
> there were some pretty thrilling discussions of this sort of thing around
> December. Shailesh Patel was wrestling with mib expressions and thresholds
> with MLM. I believe it has fewer built-in restrictions that snmpCollect.
> I'd
> try the APM first.

I think you are right.  Probably the only way I can do what I want with this
is to use the MLM to collect the data.  Shailesh Patel suggested use of the
delta function.  I am sure this will work.

Thanks Leslie and Patel...

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management