RE: Integer Thresholds

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Integer Thresholds
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:31:08 -0400
Ray,

        You are right about snmpCollect. It should give you the delta value
of the variable, you are collecting. You are having exactly opposite problem
that I had, when I tried to calculate Bandwidth utilization (In) using APM.
When MLM collects mib value, it only gives you the value of variable at that
point in time and not the delta value. Here is what I did to resolve the
problem.

BandWidthUtil=((@delta(.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.*))*8*100/900)/(.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.
2.1.5.*)

If snmpCollect does not give you the delta value then you might want to try
APM. I don't know how snmpCollect will behave, if you try using delta
function with it.

Shailesh Patel
Enterprise Management Capabilities
Electronic Data Systems