Unable to Log-In from a Web Client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Unable to Log-In from a Web Client
From: elig@bezeq.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:55:12 +0200
Why can't I get through the Login screen of my Win/NT WEB client?

I did the following steps:
My new Netview 6.0 for AIX was successfully upgraded from version 5 (which
did not run a web server).
I registered and started the webserver and mibserver daemons as described in
the release 6 notes.
I uncommented the  netview.PROPERTY, admin.PROPERTY, and jetty.PROPERTY
statements in the /usr/OV/www/conf/Realms.prp file.
I even entered a userid into the    /usr/OV/www/conf/NetViewRealm.prp file
even though it was not required by the release notes.
I installed the Java Swing applet on my NT and tested it successfully vs.
the Netview Server.

I am able now to successfully surf from my NT station to netview, url:
http://netview:8080/NetViewApplet.html
<http://netview:8080/NetViewApplet.html> .
I get a small Log In window asking for userid & password. I enter the
userid/password as recorded in the Realms.prp file, and the little window
comes back with a message saying "Sorry, your login failed, please try
again".
I get the same apologetic reply when I try the userid/password which was
edited into NetviewRealm.prp.

I seem to be getting nowhere from this point. Did I miss anything? How can I
troubleshoot this problem? Is there a log file or any other diagnostic aid
which might help me proceed?
--------
Eli Gal - elig@bezeq.com <mailto:elig@bezeq.com>
Bezeq - the Israeli Telecommunications Corp.
Ramat Gan, Israel
tel: +972-3-5.763.763
mobile: +972-50-665493