forcing autodiscovery to use loopback address

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: forcing autodiscovery to use loopback address
From: "Lemire, Mark" <mlemire@jhancock.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:02:36 -0400
Thanks, Ray.

That's what we were afraid of -- netmon only reads the seedfile when it
first starts or updated via the netmon -y/GUI.  We want discovery to always
be on, so this is what I'm thinking:

1. Maintain a list of loopback addresses that are in the process of being
put on the network.
2. Write a script that pings these addresses every x minutes.
3. As soon as they are pingable, issue a netmon -y.
4. Rebuild the seedfile nightly to add/delete addresses from the list.

Not perfect, but will hopefully work 95%+ of the time.  Thanks again!

Mark
(Lemire)>>If a device comes online sometime after Netview startup, will