Re-installing the TMR (while netview exists already)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re-installing the TMR (while netview exists already)
From: Clarence Hart <rti1clh@ismd.ups.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:36:16 -0400 (EDT)
Q-

        I had the tivoli TMR and framework install on an Ultra-10 with  netview
         installed also. The TMR was removed/disabled and converted to a managed
         node of another TMR at a remote site.  Well since this broke some of
         the functionality of the netview stuff (because, I lost admin rights
the TMR) I now have to put the TMR & framework stuff back.
         1) Will I be able to install the framework and make my server
            a TMR again without uninstalling the netview software?

         2) Do you recommend just dumping the entire /usr/OV from
            tape and  letting the discover daemon play catch-up?

Basically I dont want to uninstall netview since I have everything working.