NV 6.0 MLM Polling and Smartsets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV 6.0 MLM Polling and Smartsets
From: "SZEWCZYK, Jack" <jszewczyk@westpac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:59:14 +1000
Hi All,

In our environment we use NV 6.0 on Solaris 7 and MLMs (on Solaris 2.5)

I have created smartsets with name mlmDomain_<appropriate_MLM_station_name>
netmon is running with options: -P,-z,-g,-CmlmDomain_

APM daemon is running as well (C5d daemon)

So far so good. I can do:
        netmon -a 51
and     netmon -a 102
to list which devices are checked for status by which MLM - that works OK.

My question:

When I change a smartset rule for a particular MLM (let's say
mlmDomain_snm1-nm smartset for snm1-nm MLM)
the new devices added to a smartset are not being polled by snm1-nm MLM (I
know that from the snoop output on this MLM)
How do I propagate these changed to an MLM? Do I need to do anything? What
is responsible for
pushing these changes to an MLM agent? Can I trigger it manually? (It was
meant to be one question ;-)

Thanks for any help,

Jack

Jack Szewczyk                    |  email: jszewczyk@westpac.com.au
Network Systems Administrator    |
Westpac Banking Corporation      +---------------------------------

Level 2, 72 Christie Street      |   phone: +61 2 9902 6497
St Leonards NSW 2065/AUSTRALIA   |   fax:   +61 2 9902 5111

<<application/ms-tnef>>