Re: Can you Compress value_info.ovf file?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Can you Compress value_info.ovf file?
From: "Lorraine Maher" <lorraine_maher@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:05:00 PDT
Gareth,

Thanks for your reply.  Regarding your questions, basically, the problem
must have been an anomaly and has not happened in over 6 months, so at the
present time, the value_info.ovf is growing very slowly.  I perform topology
cleanups and nvTurboDatabase procedure when needed - perhaps once a month or
maybe even less frequent.  I keep an eye on value_info.pag and other files
and gauge when I need to do a cleanup that way.  So really, the problem has
not reoccurred - I was trying to find out if there is a procedure to
compress/shrink/reduce the value_info.ovf file to gain back some space
without causing any harm to the database.  As a comparison, my other Netview
which serves as a backup and monitors the same network, never experienced
the problem and has a value_info.ovf file size of 27M (as opposed to 238M
for the one with the problem).

Regards, Lorraine.