Upgrade to V 6.0 from V 5r1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Upgrade to V 6.0 from V 5r1
From: "Scott Hammons" <shammons@mcbride.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:44:33 -0500
Hello Listers,

I have a simple (maybe) question that you guys can help me out with.  I
followed the pre-checks prior to attempting to upgrade to Version 6.0.  I made
a backup of my current environment,  checked to make sure everything was
working, turned off security, shutdown all GUI's, shutdown all daemons, and ran
the chcktrapd script (no errors).
I then began to proceed with the upgrade, by installing the Netview Framework
patch and then installing the Netview Server 6.0 update.  I received the
following error in the /tmp/NVS_60_BIN_before.output:
"ERROR: Security level is not off in your backup directory.  Please remove the
backup directory, turn security off by using
Security Administration dialog box, then do upgrade install again."
I know that the problem was caused by me not shutting off security prior to the
backup.  However, is there a work around for this or must I start all over?
Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Hammons
Consultant
McBride and Associates, Inc.