Passing trap data to script in action node in rule.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Passing trap data to script in action node in rule.
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:59:47 +0930
Running NV 5.1.2 I am trying to use an action node in a rule to mail info to
the culprits when devices fail.
At this stage I am processing the Node_Down & Node_Up events but will extend
this in due course if I can get over this problem.

In the doco it indicates that the variable available to the script are
$NVATTR1-5 & $NVA etc. What I really want is the text that displays in the
Events Display ie the text "Node Up", "Node Down" etc. but I don't get this
using the variables described in the manual.

If I look at /usr/OV/log/nvaction.alog it shows lines like the following...

/netview_scripts/foobar.sh $NVATTR1 $NVATTR2~2000/31/07 11:59:59~1.3.4. <stuff
omitted >~foobar.banksa.com.au~Node Up~ < more stuff omitted >

My question is, how do I get to the stuff after the variable names as it has
what I want but, on the surface of it, doesn't seem to be passed to the script.

Cheers - Gavin

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
Bank SA is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any