ovwdb startup option "-b"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ovwdb startup option "-b"
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:40:52 +1100
Hi there,

I found a command line startup option for ovwdb which looks interesting to
try ...

However I can't find ant doco for it (so far ...)

The output from "ovwdb -h" reports:

Usage: ovwdb [-O] [-d dbname] [-P <port>] [-n <number_of_objects>] [-b
db_buffer_size]
        -O                     Assume started by ovspmd
        -d dbname              Set name of database
        -P port                Use <port> as the TCP port number
        -n number_of_objects   Cache only a limited number of objects
        -b db_buffer_size      Use a temporary <buffer_size> byte buffer in
the database to increase performance

I'm interested in trying the -b option as our system runs REAL slow.

nvsetup doesn't let you change most of these options, so I'd have to edit
the lrf file.

Anyone know if there is a default size setting, or is there none at all?

We have Netview Unix 6.01

Regards,

Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst