Re: ovwdb startup option "-b"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovwdb startup option "-b"
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:53:01 +1100
Hi Leslie,

We have 24842 objects and a cache of 50000 running on a SUN Enterprise 450
(2x450Mhz,1GbRAM) ad it still runs slow as a dog at times.  ovwdb is quite
often the culprit - even if netmon is not running.  It will use 100% of one
CPU ad cause ovw_binary to stop processing I/O to the user for sometimes
more than 5 mins.

Can you please investigate this -b option further with the developers?

Thanks,

Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst
Data Communications Support