Re: DMM-CTLR

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: DMM-CTLR
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:29:51 -0500
Yes, it is true that the Nways Manger was withdrawn from Marketing 10/31/0,
and
will reach end of support in the first quarter of next year. This is
related to IBM's
sell-off of much of their Network Hardware Division assets to Cisco.

Is it possible that the customer has a copy of Nways laying around? There
are
plenty of people still using it.

If you have rmon enabled on the devices, you can monitor that data with any
other RMON application available, since it is quite standard. I'm sure
others
on the list can name some.

If you are looking for information about port status, I believe those ports
are
represented in the MIB II Interface table. They are probably also shown
elsewhere in the 8260 mib. At any rate you can monitor the status of those
entities with either the data collection function of Netivew, giving you
just
threshold alerts when they change status, or you can monitor them with the
Agent Policy Manager function of Netview, which additionally gives you
a graphical representation of the  status of the port (or group of ports,
if you
prefer). That is, a symbol on the node submap that will turn red or green.
But it is not a replacement for the graphical device views provided by the
Nways product.

Detroit

Tsubasa_Kimura@TIVOLI.COM@tkg.com on 11/03/2000 10:39:58 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com