Duplicate ip addresses in network.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Duplicate ip addresses in network.
From: "Anne Schahfer" <Anne.Schahfer@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 07:03:47 -0800
The network I work on has been customized with duplicate addresses of
192.168.10.150 and 192.168.10.151.  These addresses were assigned to
a total of eight platforms/hosts (i.e., four have addess of 192.168.10.150 and
four have address of 192.168.10.151).  The network architect felt it was
okay to do this because 192.168.10 is considered a "private network" and
is not routed over the network.  The platforms with these addresses contain two
additional network cards which are unique and which are what I really
want to monitor.

I have tried via a seedfile to get netmon to ignore these addresses
(i.e., !192.168.10.150-192.168.10.151) but netmon still finds the
addresses...because of the other network addresses in these platforms, I think.

I see in the NetView Diagnsis Guide the  documented solution is to "Correct the
problem in your network".  However, it would be more desirable if I could
just get NetView to ignore the duplicate addresses.  Does anyone know
another way to get NetView to ignore the duplicate addresses but still monitor
the
rest of the platforms?