RE: Deleting Objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Deleting Objects
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 14:27:01
I guess I thought ovtopofix -A would remove any
objects not on a map from the objects database,
but after several ovtopofix -A runs, a ovmapcount -a
or two, and a system reboot, I still have objects
in the database that are not on any maps, eg:

OBJECT: 41111

        FIELD ID        FIELD NAME                      FIELD VALUE
        10              Selection Name                  "205.143.34.11"
        11              IP Hostname                     "205.143.34.11"
        75              IP Status                       Normal(2)
        78              isIPRouter                      FALSE
        105             vendor                          Unset(0)
        116             isNode                          TRUE
         .
         .
         .

Do these just stay around forever?