RE: Deleting Objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Deleting Objects
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:04:11 -0500
I see objects like that on a 5.1.1 system I'm working on now, and they are
in subnets where the segments are unmanaged in an attempt to prevent
discovery. When I manage the segment, they get their interfaces added
and their 'maps managed, maps exists' entries. If you don't have something
like that going on, I would assume database corruption. I would then
add the devices, say Yes when it says the object exists, do you want to
add another symbol (since it has no symbol), and then try again to do a
proper deletion.  I avoid loadhost so I cannot help you with issues there.
I believe Netview is a network discovery package, not a network drawing
package, and I just don't trust loadhost.

Detroit

"Les Dickert" <lesdickert@HOTMAIL.COM>@tkg.com on 12/01/2000 09:27:01 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com