RE: NetView GUI and Linux

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView GUI and Linux
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:05:36 -0600
Frank, Gavin & Duane,

Thanks for your replies. It looks like it's a problem with our access method
then. This Linux user is coming in via telnet or ssh and it cores every time
he starts NetView. His nv6000.log file has only a date/time entry. He does
set all the xhost and environ's as noted below. His environment is:

OS:
VA Linux <myhost> 2.2.14-5.0.14smp #1 SMP Sun Mar 26 13:03:52 PST 2000 i686
unknown
XServer:
XFree86 v3.3.6
1600x1200
24bpp

The info we pulled from the core file is below. Does this ring any bells
with anyone?

$ adb /usr/OV/bin/ovw_binary  core
core file = core -- program ``ovw_binary'' on platform SUNW,Ultra-60
SIGSEGV: Segmentation Fault
invalid ELF header for /usr/OV/bin/ovw
C$
no process
SIGSEGV: Segmentation Fault
g0    0x0                               l0      0x1004ff45
g1    0xeef05b2c    _return_zero        l1      0x14
g2    0x1                               l2      0xef0028d4
g3    0x2                               l3      0xef0056c4  _XUnlockMutex_fn
g4    0x364e38                          l4      0xef006d10  quarkRehash
g5    0x0                               l5      0x80000000
g6    0x0                               l6      0xef0056b0  _Xglobal_lock
g7    0x0                               l7      0xef005178  quarkMask
o0    0x217b1378                        i0      0xef206ad4
virtualKeysyms+0x4
o1    0x0                               i1      0x33aa68
o2    0xef7fb438                        i2      0xefffd84c
o3    0xef7fabc8                        i3      0xefffd848
o4    0x2a8                             i4      0xefffd844
o5    0xefffd780                        i5      0x33c4a8
sp    0xef0e9ac8    _XmVirtualToActualKeysymList+0xac   fp  0xefffd7e0
o7    0x1004ff45                        i7      0xef0c73ec
_XmVirtualToActualKe
ysym+0x14
y     0x0
tstate: 9982001a00  (ccr=0x99, asi=0x82, pstate=0x1a, cwp=0x0)
pstate: ag:0 ie:1 priv:0 am:1 pef:1 mm:0 tle:0 cle:0 mg:0 ig:0
pc    0xef0e9a7c _XmVirtualToActualKeysymList+0x60:             ld      [%o1
+ %
i0], %o1
npc   0xef0e9a80 _XmVirtualToActualKeysymList+0x64:             cmp     %o1,
%l0
^D

****

Regards,