Re: Fw: White Symbol Color and Unreachable Status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Fw: White Symbol Color and Unreachable Status
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:31:24 -0500
I have not noticed how Unreachable status propogates. Perhaps it does
not propogate. Perhaps you should contact Support about this.

Detroit

"Shalom Vanunu" <shalomv@hotmail.com> on 12/30/2000 05:54:58 AM

To:   Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject:  Fw: White Symbol Color and Unreachable Status

> Dear Clark
>

> I'll Try to Explain Again.
>
> Asume that you create a New Object -- A Location, and in this Location
Object you put your Router.
> when the Router is unreachable the Upper Map with the Location Object
Does not become White, just when you are entering the Location Object you
suddenly see that the router is unreachable .and the Location Object is
Still Green

> Waiting for comment .
>
> Shalom
>

> I'm not sure I understand your question, but maybe this will help.
> When a router is unreachable, it goes white, not yellow. White means
> unreachable. It means we don't know the status, because we cannot
> ping anything on any network that router is on. The router may be up,
> but the router between us and that router has an outage. Yellow means
> we can reach at least one interface on that router, but not all of them.
> Cordially,Leslie A. ClarkIBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt &
NetworkingDetroit