TEC Adapter Filter

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TEC Adapter Filter
From: pweischer@mmm.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:38:15 +0100

Hello,
we are running NetView NT 6.0.1 and a complete Framework environment including
T/EC. We use the T/EC as main event monitor for operations.
We configured NetView NT in that way, that events are forwarded to the T/EC by
using the TEC adapter.
The problem is, that the T/EC is flooded by NetView events. Then we agreed to
filter the NetView events on the NetView side using the tecad_nv6k.conf file and
the TecSmartsetFilter.conf. But we have problems understanding the syntax of
these filter files and how they work together.

Our target is, that all events of some specific nodes, which are in the
'ImportantNodes' smartset, should be forwarded to the TE/C.

How can this be configured?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Peter