eXceed problems with NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: eXceed problems with NetView
From: "Donald Davis" <don-n-darla@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:20:13 -0800
Dave,
I do not have a fix for this "frustrating" behavior, but a workaround.
Whenever the Locate dialog box opens without the input field, just MOVE
the eXceed window slightly and the input field will magically appear.
I would be very interested if anyone has a real solution for this too.

I found an eXceed users forum at the Hummingbird site that I have also
copied with this message.

Don Davis - Tivoli Certified NetView Instructor & Consultant
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants, Inc.
Raleigh, NC

On a related note, and as long as we have a thread dealing
with emulators:

I'm running eXceed, with few problems except one that's driving
me nuts.  (Admitedly, that's a short ride...)

The problem I just haven't been able to fix is when doing a
Locate > Objects > By Attribute..., and selecting something
that requires you to enter information, e.g. IP Hostname, or
IP Address, the dialog box comes up without the text entry
window.  There's no place to type the hostname or address...
If you start selecting other attributes, at random, sooner or
later the text entry portion of the window will magically
appear, and you can go back and select the attribute you originally
wanted to select, enter the regex and hit apply.  It's frustrating
as all heck, needless to say.

My server is AIX 4.2.1, and I have exceed start a dtterm using
/usr/dt/bin/dtterm -display xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0&.  I tried Leslie's
suggestion of playing with mwm, and changing the window manager
from native to X, and the problem actually got worse.  I could
not force the text entry portion to magically appear no matter
how hard I pounded on it.

Anybody seen and/or fixed such a problem?

Thanks,

Dave Dimond
Allina Health System
Mpls, MN