Re: Re: location.conf and shadows

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: location.conf and shadows
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:11:10 -0400
Nobody asked me, but I'll offer this suggestion anyway. This is a very
good example of what can happen when you get what you wish for.  When
I use the location.conf file, very often I make a point of removing it
after
it has done the hard work of setting up all of my location icons and
nesting
them and sticking a few key networks in them. Then I play with the map
for a while to see how I like it. Then I update the location.conf file and
have another go at it - rediscover, or do File..New Map. Then remove
it again. Once I get it the map the way I really want it, I  do a full
rediscovery
with the finalized location.conf in place. Then I might leave the there.

Detroit

"Scott Bursik" <nv_list@hotmail.com>@tkg.com on 04/09/2001 09:13:59 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com