Re: location.conf and shadows
>From my experience, this is how one should move objects around maps if you
are using a location.conf:
1. If you want to cut an object, wait for the system to stop
2. Once it has stopped "Synchronising", cut the object from "This Submap".
3. The system will start "Synchronising" again - make sure it has really
stopped - it may stop and then start again - watch out!
4. When you are 100% sure it has stopped "Synchronising" then you can move
to the submap where you want to locate the object and paste it.
5. The system will start to "Synchronise" again, so remember to wait for it
to finish before you move another object.
We found that if you paste an object before the system has stopped
"Synchronising", you will get shadowed objects - i.e. on the User Plane.
Hope that helps someone.
Tivoli & AIX Specialist
IBM Global Services - Integrated Technology Services
Tel: 665520 (01926-465520) -- MOBX: 275520 (07967-275520)
Archive operated by Skills 1st Ltd
See also: The NetView Web