Object discovery & SNMP COmmunity

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Object discovery & SNMP COmmunity
From: z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:28:37 +0530
Hi,

We have NV 6.0 on AIX 4.3.3
As we wide spreaded WAN with multiple locations and location specific SNMP
community names to the Routers. If I set the only community which we had
finalize on Router and set it in snmp options, Router object can not be
discovered in the main map, it goes to submap, but I get the SNMPGET test
passed as well can get the data also from the router. I tried setting the
public community in addition to the site specific community, then I can get
the Router discovered in Main map. Pls update me is it required to have both
the community on the Routers ?

Regards,
Santosh