Re: T/EC mapping

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: T/EC mapping
From: "Don Davis" <Don_Davis@att.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:08:43 -0700
Vincent,
What Generic and Specific trap numbers are we talking about?
What is the exact syntax of the trap that you are sending to NetView (if
known)?
Is this from MLM, netmon, a remote agent or something home grown (script) ?
> Does NetView fill in the values for the varbinds or does the software that
sends the trap suppose to assign the values to them?
The software or agent that sends the traps assigns the values, NetView just
passes them on.
Best regards,
Don Davis  -  Tivoli Certified NetView Instructor & Consultant
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants, Inc.
Raleigh, NC.