snmpCollect not working

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpCollect not working
From: "Hageman, Arjen (A)" <AHAGEMAN@dow.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:08:55 -0400
To all.
Our situation is as follow :
*       Sun/Solaris machine with O.S. 8.0
*       Tivoli 3.6.2
*       NetView for Tivoli 6.0.2

We try to work with the snmpCollect function to retrieve MIB-2 information
of network devices. For some reason, we are not able to get snmpCollect to
generate the files on the directory : /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect.

NV6K can reach all devices via ping/SNMP and using the MIB browser, we are
able to extract info. The number of devices from which we try to collect
data is appr: 200 and the number of reported MIB values per device is 12.
The file systems have plenty of disk space left. snmpCollect sometime works
with irregular time intervals or doesn't do anything at all. CPU utilization
is less then 10%. I even try to set the concurrent SNMP sessions from 5
(default) to 500 but has no effect. I cannot determine what factor or
parameter is responsible for this behavior.

Does anyone have any idea what goes wrong? Any suggestion is welcome.

Kind regards,
A. Hageman
Terneuzen.

* : 31.115.674050