Re: Events from unmanaged nodes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Events from unmanaged nodes
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 07:38:52 -0500
John

I am running Netview 6.0 on AIX 4.3.2, I am getting events from unmanaged
nodes. How do I change this? I am in the process of installing 6.0.2  and 4.3.3
on a test box to move it to production.

How do you I stop receiving events from unmanaged nodes without turning off
discovery?

Also,How do I import the IP maps from the production box to my test box? Should
I just bring in the location.conf and netmon.seed? The maps have been
customized and I really don't want to have to recreate them. We have so many
devices and icons that the person before me cut, pasted, hide many icons. The
location.conf and netmon.seed files do not hide all the objects. I am still new
at this so maybe I should practice...

Any Suggestions?

Catalina Martinez
System Programmer
Texas Legislative Council
(512) 936-1012 x1755
(512) 403-7711 pgr
catalina.martinez@tlc.state.tx.us

>>> jnicholson@epo.org 05/09/01 05:05AM >>>
I see the same on NetView 6.01 for NT; the only way I found to avoid pinging
thousands of unmanaged workstations was to turn off discovery and delete them.
On AIX, unmanaging nodes _does_ stop netmon pinging them - surely it is supposed
to work the same way on NT?

Regards,
John Nicholson