Re: Tivoli

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:01:18 -0400
Yes, you changed either the IP address or the hostname of the NetView box
after it was installed.  But you didn't update either component. Both
NetView and the Framework "know" where they are and now the entries in
their internal databases are invalid.
To fix NetView you can just issue  (as root)
      /usr/OV/service/reset_ci
When this completes, then your updatelrf should work fine, but the
Framework is another problem.
If your TMR  is stand-alone (you  just installed the Framework in order to
install NetView) you can try this command
     oserv -k $DBDIR -N ali
which worked for me once upon a time, but I am told that since you did not
fix the Framework before you made the change, as the Framework doc tells
you to do,  then you may have to re-install it when the time comes to apply
maintenance to NetView.  I don't do Framework (thankfully) so you are on
your own there.
Good luck.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support