cisco - router/switch configs and syslogs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: cisco - router/switch configs and syslogs
From: "Donald Mahler" <dmahler@telcordia.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:01:35 -0400

We have been trying to use Ciscoworks 2000 (on NT) for over a year now and
cannot get it to work.  Dr Watsons, popups, failures, etc....  A really
long journey with no end in sight (ugh)

Does Tivoli have a product in this area?   I don't mean just inventory
("how many routers do I have"), but rather detailed management of  the main
functions of  that are of importance to us:   Router/switch configuration
(IOS config) management and centralized syslog logging (that's all).   I
just need the basics to work :-)

if not Tivoli, then does anyone else  have   other recommendations or
pointers to other products/shareware to do  the config and syslog function?
any suggestions?  what do you use for this?

much thanks for any help

Don Mahler