Re: Force Discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Force Discovery
From: Mike_Pearson@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:31:48 -0400

Steve:
You have to make sure it is really gone from all databases first then see
why netmon does not want to add it.  Below is a bare bones way to attack
your problem.
1.  Did you do a locate on it from the GUI?
2.  ovobjprint | grep ipaddress
3.  ovtopodump | grep ipaddress
Did you get anything back?
If yes to #1 where was it as compared to where you thought it should be?
If yes to #2 and/or #3 run your database cleanup commands ovmapcount -a and
ovtopofix -A (if one map and no customization's) otherwise ovtopofix -a.
Next step is to set your netmon trace to -1 for your netmon deamon in
smitty and rediscover.  The netmon.trace file should show you what netmon
is doing with the device.  I would grep the trace for the ipaddress at
first.  When you find something interesting then look at the same line in
the trace and see what is above and below it.  You may have to call support
either way.

Regards,
Michael J. Pearson
IBM/Tivoli