ovtopmd exit 255 other reason then Tivoli environment ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ovtopmd exit 255 other reason then Tivoli environment ?
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:01:59 +0200
Hello list,

NetView 6.01, AIX 4.3.3

When I try to start my NetView daemons, ovtopmd dies with an exit code 255.
I have seen the the Forum archives that is due to the Tivoli environment
that has not been sourced.

I know it has been sourced because I did the following :

   - ovstop -v
   - ovstop -v nvsecd
   - . /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
   - ovstart -v nvsecd
   - ovstart -v

in the file /usr/OV/log/nettl.LOG00, I see the following message :

"could not nonnect to server UNIX domain socket : /usr/OV/sockets/NVSEC.s n"

anyone an idea about this ?

Thanks in advance,
Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68
e-mail : bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com

This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
immediately and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions in the
content of this message, which may arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required, please request a hard copy.