Re: Ruleset correlation issues

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset correlation issues
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:58:04 -0400
What does your ruleset look like?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Scott ." <pepsiasg@hotmail.com>@tkg.com on 08/16/2001 12:57:33 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Ruleset correlation issues

AIX 4.3 NetView 6.0.2

I have a smartset that contains nodes with the attributes isNotes=TRUE and
IP Status=Critical. I want to create a ruleset that says, if the node is in
this smartset, watch it for 9 minutes. If the node leaves the smartset
before the 9 minutes expires, do nothing. This will allow for reboots so
NetView will not pass alerts. If it is still in the smartset after 9
minutes, run a script using the "action" block from the ruleset editor
template. I have attempted to do this with various methods and I can't seem
to get it all working. I am loading the rule via the ESE.automation file. I
have made sure that I did not overstep the restrictions for staring a rule
set this way. I am at my ropes end on this one. Anyone out there doing
something similar? If you are, could you email me the rule so I can
evaluate
it? Thanks in advance!

Scott

scott.bursik@fritolay.com