Upgrade from 6.0 to 6.01 Tivoli desktop fails to start

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Upgrade from 6.0 to 6.01 Tivoli desktop fails to start
From: "Sabirali Sama" <sabirali.sama@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:50:08 +0100

Hi all,

I have installed Tivoli 3.7RevB on AIX 4.3.3 and then NetView 6.0 on the same TMR, for training purposes, I discovered that the Tivoli desktop fails to start if you exit the desktop. This is annoying if you are trying to upgrade to 6.01 and then to 6.02 as you need the Tivoli desktop to do the upgrade. The command line does not work either.

Has anyone encountered this situation ?

The obvious solution is NOT to exit the desktop until you have fully upgraded the NetView Server to 6.02.

Sabirali Sama

Tivoli Certified

Direct Line +44 7971 031637
Fax:          0870  8314306

Training & Enterprise Management Consultancy

Elyzium Limited

The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.