Re: GUI Symbol Presentation on 21" Monitor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: GUI Symbol Presentation on 21" Monitor
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:18:13 -0400
Netview stops showing bitmaps when the symbols are reduced to a certain
size.
Netview reduces symbols the size necessary to fit everything on the screen.
Try
moving everything closer together, then going back up to the parent level,
and
reopening that level to see the real result. The map should be resized ,
with
an even amount of space around the outside, and using larger symbols.

Detroit

                    "Fred Bish"

                    <fnbish@hotmai       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    l.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] GUI Symbol

                    owner-nv-l@tkg        Presentation on 21" Monitor

                    .com

                    09/11/01 12:38

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

I am using Netview for AIX Version 5.0.  I made a cockpit error by
selecting
View/Redo Layout and Automatic Layout Off for this Submap on my IP Internet

Map.  Of couse my location icons repositioned themselves.  I then
repositioned them manually but after repositioning them back to their
original locations, the icons are not displaying the detail inside the
location icons as they formerly did even though I open up the map to full
screen size.

Anyone know how to get the detail back on the screen?