RE: ovtopmd problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: ovtopmd problem
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:11:29 -0400
Problems with NLSPATH can be caused by sourcing your tivoli environment
from $HOME/.kshrc, or by sourcing it repeatedly. If you echo $NLSPATH
and find that it is very long and repeated, then that could be the
problems.
Sometimes a failed installation attempt will update NLSPATH in
/etc/environment,
and a re-install will append to that, so it gets too long. Check that file
and
look for a repeat. Be careful, though, because that particular definition
is
long when it is correct anyway, and looks repetative, but it is not
normally.
Normally it looks sort of like this. If it is twice as big as this, you
should clean
it up in /etc/environment. If it is ok there but the one in the user
environement
is twice as long, look for problems from repeated invocations of the
setup_env.sh.

NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/En_US/%N:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%L/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/%l/%N.cat:/usr/local/Tivoli/msg_cat/C/%N.cat:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat:/usr/lib/nls/msg/En_US/%N

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

                    BAUDOUX BERNARD

                    <bernard.baudoux@FORTI       To:     "'IBM NetView
Discussion'"
                    SBANK.COM>                    <nv-l@tkg.com>

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com           Subject:     RE: [NV-L]
ovtopmd problem

                    09/11/01 11:07 AM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

The messages you get are excatly those I got when I had this stupid sticky
bit set on ovstart.   Perhaps you can check that.  (the solution is to
remove the sticky bit).
The explanation from support was that if that sticky bit is set, then the
NLSPATH and/or LIBPATH are not checked anymore, and even they are correct,
ovtopmd does not look at them anymore, hence the "missing message catalog".

Hope this helps
Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68