Re: ovtopmd problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovtopmd problem
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:55:19 -0400
I think you may need to contact Support about this.  I have never seen it
before.

Did you at some time try stopping and restarting the daemons with ovstart
yourself? It is true that you must have the Tivoli environment sourced in
order for ovtopmd to initialize, but it would appear that something is
wrong with that environment (or with the environment variables which
describe it)  else you would not be getting these error messages.  However,
since the last error message is "opened openview" ovtopmd has in fact
initialized.  Whether he can still run with errors, I don't know, but that
message means he has loaded the topology database and under other
circumstances, he should b ready to go.

If you ovstop all the daemons, (ovstop nvsecd) and then start them with
"/etc/netnmrc" they should all have the proper environment.  Does ovtopmd
come up OK then?  If not, then calling Support may be your only hope.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com