DPU Nodes reported Down/Up by Netmon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: DPU Nodes reported Down/Up by Netmon
From: z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:04:06 +0530
Hi,

I have Netview 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3

We have almost 180 DPU (SNMP Not supported) locations on slow link in our
Wide Network. It is reported in trapd.log that very frequently they go Down
and come Up so fast (which could be because of slow link response). If I do
a query to database for these DPU's Up/Down status, it becomes a huge and
non relevent data.
Can I have some solution for this so that the genuine DPU Down and Up will
be reported to trapd.log

Regards,
Santosh