RE: DPU Nodes reported Down/Up by Netmon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: DPU Nodes reported Down/Up by Netmon
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:11:00 +0200
Santosh,

you should contact support.
They have to analyse a netmon trace to find the real reason.

One posibility is that the ping is redirected more than once.
Netmon will interpret the second icmp redirect as an error.
If so, you should first try to fix your network configuration.

But there is also an efix for IY20714  available.
With this fix netmon will do as many retries you have configured in your
snmp configuration.
Of course you have to go to NetView 6.0.2 first.

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    z_esm_karekars

                    <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetr       To:     "'IBM NetView
Discussion'" <nv-l@tkg.com>
                    oleum.com>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                         Subject:     RE: [NV-L]
DPU Nodes reported Down/Up by Netmon
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    14.09.2001 13:56

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Hi,

I tried setting the SNMP polling interval and timeout as high as possible
but still trapd.log gets updated with Netmon events for these DPU's at very
fast Down/Up events. Where else could be the problem.

Regards,
Santosh