Network Discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Network Discovery
From: "Eric Pobst" <erpobst@carnegiesoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:27:55 -0500
well I am halfway through my first NetView project and only about to
start the Network Discovery process.  To this point I have been limiting
my discovery to only certain nodes and now need to discover all Network
device related nodes.  I have no info on the types of devices out there,
but have a handful of community strings in my location.conf.  My
question is what is the best practice to organize my seedfile to search
for all SNMP enabled network devices regardless of ip?  I believe I can
accomplish the task if I ensure that NetView "only" discover SNMP
devices?

Thanks in advance,