startup - make Control Desk launch in separate window?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: startup - make Control Desk launch in separate window?
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 19 Sep 2001 15:10:03 -0500
For NetView for UNIX....

I've heard there's a way for the Control desk to launch in a separate
window rather than as a pane of the Root window.  This is desirable in
our environment where we aren't running large displays with enough
resolution to show such a tall windows.

Furthermore, certain X emulators don't properly emulate the third
mouse button, so it becomes difficult to drag off the control desk
pane via the GUI (I haven't found any menu option to detach that
pane).

I haven't been able to track down which startup files need to be
modified to have Control Panel launch in a separate window, or even if
it's possible.  Any pointers?