RE: object database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: object database
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:17:46 -0500
Do an ovobjprint -s and grep for the object name:

ovobjprint -s | grep devicename

Typically, what I have seen, is that the interfaces under a node name are
not deleted even though the node itself is. If you do a locate on the map
(new or existing) and can find an interface with that name, deleting the
interface from the map should remove it from the database. However, it seems
to me this process can take a long time to clean up.